This one-day course is aimed at medico-legal practitioners, secretaries, and practice managers.
You’ll gain practical advice on how to run a medico-legal practice, from the legal framework through to administration, clients, fees, marketing and much more. The course is ideal for anyone starting or developing a medico-legal business.
Delivered by the Inspire MediLaw team, this one-day course is packed with lots of great tips and pitfalls to avoid.
You will learn:
- The role of the expert witness in civil litigation
- What lawyers are looking for in their experts
- How to write your CV to define your area of expertise and practice areas
- How to win instructions
- How to set your fees and get paid on time
- What to invoice for and when
- Drafting your terms and conditions and what you need to include
- Techniques for maintaining your independence and integrity
- How to convey your views effectively
- The essentials of report writing and best practices
- GDPR essentials
- Best practice in office management
- How to exceed expectations
- Marketing your medico-legal practice
- Best practice for the conferences with counsel, meetings with experts and giving evidence in Court
- Developing and building your medico-legal practice.
The training is run by Isabel Bathurst, an experienced inquiry, inquest and injury solicitor who has instructed many medical experts over the years. Alongside Isabel are Dr Adrian Rees, a GP and expert witness, and our MD, Caren Scott, who has run large, successful medico-legal practices.
Following completion of the training, you’ll be able to access ongoing support from our team and have a detailed handbook for reference.
If you have any queries about the course, or you’d like more information on the suitability of the training for you or your team, please get in contact.
If you are a medical professional seeking training or a refresher course on the legal principles, report writing, attending joint expert meetings, and dealing with cross-examination, please take a look at our Expert Witness Training for Medical Professionals.