Last updated: 2020
How we use your personal information
We use personal information in order to promote and provide our services, to ensure the security of our websites, and to run our business. We have set out below more information on the categories of personal information that we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we share your personal information.
In some cases where we ask for your personal information, we do so in order for us to fulfil your request (e.g. needing your email address to give you access to our forums and webinars). If you do not provide that personal information, we will not be able to process your request.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect and process different personal information according to the context in which you interact with us. This information includes:
|Type of interaction||Personal information collected|
|People who use our website (including the restricted area for Inspire Members)||Name, address, email address, telephone number, payment details, records of participation in our promotional campaigns, your marketing preferences, including any consents you may have given us Your login details for our website Records of your use of our website, including pages accessed, time and duration of usage Information related to the browser or device you use to access our website, including IP address and related identifiers Any information you provide to us through contact forms or live chats Progress and achievements you make in relation to online assessments provided by us|
|Individuals on our marketing database not included above||Name, address email address, telephone number, records of participation in our promotional campaigns, your marketing preferences, including any consents you may have given us|
We collect this information when you provide it to us directly, or from your interaction with us.
How do we use your information?
We use your information as follows:
- To fulfil a contract with you or take steps at your request before this:
- Providing you with access to our secure Inspire Members forums and training & assessment area
- Sending you certificates in relation to your completion of our training & assessments
- Sending you reminders in relation to renewal of your accreditation status
- Providing information and technical support if you ask for this
- Contacting you with information about changes to our services
- As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Giving you access to our services
- Letting you know about our services by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and law relating to direct marketing
- Analyzing how you use our services so we can improve our levels of service and develop future services, including through the use of surveys
- Ensuring the security of our websites and information technology systems and protecting our rights
– Where you have provided your consent:
- Where we need your consent to process your sensitive personal information
- If we need your consent in order to send marketing for our services to you
– For purposes which are required by law:
- Sharing your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
How will we share your information?
We share your personal details:
- With people within our organization who are involved in carrying out the processing described above
- With third party service providers who process your information on our behalf for the purposes above – such as IT hosting providers and payment service providers.
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storing your personal information
Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected, including outside of the European Economic Area. When transferring information to others, within the EEA or otherwise, we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data. To do this, we make use of standard contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission, or we implement other similar measures required by laws around the world. If you would like further information about this, please contact us at email@example.com
We will only keep records of your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records. We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This includes keeping a record of your request indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information, the right to restrict processing of your personal information, and the right to object to processing of your personal information. You have the right to object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to any of the rights described in this paragraph, or if you have any questions regarding this privacy notice.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred. In the United Kingdom, that is the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
The data controller for the Inspire Members service is Insight Medicine and Law Services Limited, of Merchant House, East St. Helen Street, Abingdon, OX14 5EG. We can be reached by email at email@example.com.