Medico-Legal Practice Management (PI & Clinical Negligence)
This training is aimed at experts, medico-legal secretaries, and practice managers. This CPD training will set you on the right track as you start out or grow your medico-legal practice.
The one day course, delivered by the Inspire MediLaw team, includes practical advice about the day to day running of a medico-legal practice, as well as tips for improving the expert’s CV and raising their profile within the medico-legal sector.
Inspire MediLaw offer practical advice and support to medical experts on an ongoing basis. If you have any queries about the content of this course, or the most suitable person from your practice to attend, please just get in touch. Call 01235 426870 or email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
If you are a medical professional seeking training or a refresher course on acting as an expert witness in litigation, including: understanding the legal tests, applying them in a report, attending joint expert meetings and undergoing cross examination, then take a look at the Expert Witness Training for Medical Professionals on our Events List.
To discuss the course most appropriate to meet your needs, call 01235 426870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
- Becoming a medico-legal expert
- What physical resources do you need
- Indemnity Insurance
- GDPR compliance
- Terms of Engagement
- Fees & cancellation charges
- Your target audience
- Website/social media
- Preparing and sending out your medicolegal CV
- Asking for feedback & collating testimonials
- Getting known: offering training, writing articles
- Secretarial requirements
- Conflict checking; diary management; communication trail
- Secure storage and transfer of data
- Retention of records and reports
Working with lawyers
- Communication is key
- Initial contact, cost estimates, conflict of interest
- Understand the legal principles
- Report writing and refining
Examining the Claimant
- Communication is key
- Keep notes, take a detailed history
- Do not express your opinion or share case information with the client
Giving your opinion
- Report layout
- Report content
- Declaration and Statement of Trust
Maintaining & Building your Practice
- Regular training & networking
- Developing relationships with lawyers
- How Inspire MediLaw can help now, and in future!
- Wednesday 22 April, 10am-4.30pm
- Oxford Spires Hotel, Abingdon Road
- CPD 5 hours
Call Caren Scott on 01235 426870 if you have any queries, or to book over the phone.