Expert Witness Training for Medical Professionals (Personal Injury)
Benefits of Inspire Expert Witness Training
With a wealth of experience in the legal and healthcare sectors, we are uniquely placed to offer this training for experts with a practice in Personal Injury litigation.
Our training and follow up is carefully tailored to meet your medico-legal requirements.
Benefits included in the cost of the course include:
- Interactive training sessions with experienced medico-legal professionals;
- GDPR advice sessions;
- Comprehensive course materials for easy future reference;
- Marketing of your expertise to our network of lawyers;
- Advice on presenting your CV;
- Networking and speaking opportunities;
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring by our experienced panel of lawyers and medical experts;
- CPD accreditation by the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Training delivered by a Medical Expert with a PI practice
Role and duties of the Expert Witness in PI cases
The process of a claim
What to expect from instructing solicitors
Examination of the client
Fraudulent/exaggerated claims – fact v opinion
Preparing and structuring your medical reports
Examination and discussion of sample reports – good and bad
Developing your Medico-Legal practice and obtaining instructions
Training delivered by a Personal Injury Lawyer
The legal tests
Identifying the issues that need to be addressed in your report
Covert recording of consultations
The use of research and supporting documentation
Legal costs/cost budgets
Analysis and summaries of PI cases
Interactive session facilitated by a Medical Expert with a PI practice
Report writing workshops
- Condition & Prognosis
- Mental capacity
Delegates are welcome to submit an anonymised report in advance for comment/discussion at this session. See details below.
Report writing reflection – tips
Training delivered by a Personal Injury Lawyer & Medical Expert
Preparing for, attending & giving your opinion in:
Conference with Counsel
Joint Expert Meeting
The Inspire MediLaw two-day expert witness training provides medical professionals of all specialities with the knowledge, confidence and support they need to stand out in Personal Injury medico-legal practice.
Submitting reports in advance
Delegates attending on Day 2 are welcome to submit an anonymised report either from a case which is not live, or based on a fictional case study. One of our Training Faculty will provide feedback on your report, and it may be used in the workshop session for the purposes of shared learning.
Reports for review must be received by Inspire MediLaw no later than Friday 3rd April.
- Thursday 23 – Friday 24 April 2020, 9am-5.00pm
- £895+VAT to include additional benefits
- Individual days available: Day 1 Prepare – £450 +VAT | Day 2 Practice & Perform – £450 +VAT
- Accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England for up to 12 CPD points
- TBC: Oxford Spires Hotel, Abingdon Road, Oxford OX1 4PS
- Introductory offers available